Grand Parade Guidelines
The Red Flannel Festival warmly welcomes and thanks you for your participation in our 2017 Grand Parade!
2017 Theme – All Aboard for the 78th Red Flannel Festival!
Parade date is Saturday, October 7, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
Line-up time: 11:00a.m. thru 1:00 p.m.
Where: The Corner of West St. and Cedar St. – details to be included in your confirmation packet.
We kindly ask that the following rules and guidelines be followed to the fullest extent to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all involved. Adherence to these guidelines will also ensure an invitation for future parades.
- Be Prompt
- Only parade vehicles are allowed to park on the parade line-up streets. All others must leave. This rule relieves the traffic congestion and allows for timely line-up.
- Parents are kindly asked to drop off children to the responsible entry person to be escorted to their entry site or personally walk hat child into where they need to be. NO CARS are allowed into parade line up.
- Entries must not surpass 50 feet in length.
- All horse entries MUST provide a clean-up crew behind their entry.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in or on entries. Smoking as well as any illegal drug form is also prohibited.
- Any entry handing out items must walk beside and personally hand out provisions. Absolutely no throwing any item from entry or ground. This is necessary to ensure the safety of our younger parade viewers. $100 fine. All hand out items MUST be pre approved by Festival Parade Committee.
- Decorating to theme is required unless a $50.00 non-themed fee was paid. We encourage all to decorate in LOTS of RED!
- No inappropriate music.
- Music and other sound volume must be within reason – See a volunteer with questions
I. Non-Profit Organizations
II. Industry, Business, Professional
III. Schools and Youth
All divisions will receive 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies. The Grand Marshal’s Choice Trophy and the Red Flannel Queen Choice Trophy will each be awarded to one parade entry.
Judging is promptly at 1:30 p.m. In order to be judged, you must be on your parade line-up site at that time. Your entry will be judged as it is at 1:30 p.m.
Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Best use of festival theme > 1 – 5 points
- Quality of workmanship > 1 – 5 points
- Following parade line-up guidelines > 1 – 5 points
- Music on your float: Instrumental or otherwise, pertaining to the Theme > 1 – 5 points
All parade entries are subject to the approval of the Red Flannel Festival Committee.
In consideration to the Red Flannel Festival and its Board members, any non-compliance to the above mentioned guidelines releases the sponsoring entity from any and all liability and/or injuries or damages whatsoever.